Monday, May 31, 2010

Dunking Away Again in Dunkeritaville (I hate Jimmy Buffet)

With a mostly functional left shin and a new pair of shoes, I'm looking forward to reinvigorating the quest for the dunk. I got back in the weight room yesterday for the first time in 10 days (Warrior Dash, camping trip, else) and squatted 135# x10, 155# x10, and 165# x6. I think in the future I'll start in the 150 range for 2x10 and aim for upping my max squat by 5# a week (4-5 reps at max weight). I'm concerned that I'm leveling out. That may be a function of hitting a natural plateau, or that the past few weeks have been screwy with finals and the camping trip.

I'll be out of town, and therefore not working out, for 15/30 days in June. Epic month in terms of vacations, less so in terms of dunk questing. To be sure, there is something to be said for letting the body rest and recover, as I noted earlier. But taking half a month off won't be doing me any good. On the plus side, I can run now (new shoes!) and that can be done about anywhere. I suppose with that I can add in "jump-squats", where one jumps from a squat position and pulls one's legs up to one's chest while one is in air. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment