Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome Back Dunkateers

Been out and about for the first half of summer, then sick for the second half. After spending 18 of 33 days out of Atlanta, I returned and immediately fell ill for several days. The recovery lasted another full week, and returning to the gym proved another challenge as it'd been weeks since I had worked out. It took another ten days or so to return to form!

But I'm finally back up to speed - the leg press is up to 300#, squat 190#, box steps with 60#, leg extension at 110#... So I'm still making progress in terms of muscle growth. I've also started running longer distances, ~5 miles at 8:30/mile. I end my runs in a park right by my place and squat-jump up retaining walls and posts. I last jumped onto a 35-inch post (they're large blocks, not fence-type posts) and had a lady (sadly, in her mid-40's, not the demographic I was looking for) tell me that was an impressive jump. Thanks, I guess!

The quest continues. I can take a running jump and get my fingertips about an inch below the rim - another foot higher and I'll be there!


No comments:

Post a Comment