Sunday, August 29, 2010

In Other News

Having taken about a week off from doing anything with my hip outside of walking, including only going to the gym twice, I did a bit of "running" yesterday. While playing frisbee. So at most I sprinted for 5 seconds a couple of times. But having walked to and throughout the park, I found my hip was starting to pinge some. It felt like I was back in the early stages of recovering from the surgery, when I could jog or use the elliptical but was very limited. Additionally, I've been getting some weird pain on the outside of my knee. I think it's due to how my right leg/foot is being used while walking; I must be stepping incorrectly. I plan on going to Big Peach running or some similar store that videos you on a treadmill and can make recommendations regarding gait and appropriate shoe.

I did a TANITA BODY COMPOSITION ANALYZER FOR BEST HUMANS reading on Friday. On 1/11/10, I weighed 164# and had 10.6% body fat. On 4/8/10, I weighed 166# and had 8.4% body fat. On 8/27/10:

Weight: 164.2# (-1.8)
BMI: 23.9 (+0.1)
Fat %: 9.3% (+0.9%)
Basal Metabolic Rate: 1795 Cal (-24)
Impedance: 447 Ohms (-48)
Fat Mass: 15.21# (+1.2)
Fat Free Mass: 149# (-3)
Total Body Water: 109# (-2.2)

So, I got fat over the summer. I was on vacation for most of it, sick for part of it, and without a schedule to adhere to ate out a lot more than I normally do. So... back to the gym! So I can realize my dream of stepping up to the streets and serving people and dunking: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/news/story?page=goingviral/082710

No comments:

Post a Comment